Navigating motorcycle accident compensation can be complicated. These accidents can result in serious injury and be a devastating financial burden for you and your family. Having insurance helps, but an attorney well-versed in motorcycle accidents can help you get the compensation you need.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
You don’t want to be in a motorcycle accident. If you are, the likelihood is it is the result of one of the following reasons:
- Distracted Driving: The use of phones and other distractions by drivers is a leading cause of accidents. Motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable to inattentive drivers because of their smaller presence on the road.
- Tourist Traffic: Southwest Florida attracts many tourists each year. This influx of visitors often leads to crowded roads and unfamiliar drivers, increasing the chances of accidents.
- Speeding: Excessive speed reduces reaction time and increases the severity of accidents, especially for motorcyclists who don’t have the same safety features of a car to protect them.
- Left-Turn Crashes: One of the most common motorcycle accidents occurs when a vehicle makes a left turn in front of an oncoming motorcycle. This often results from a failure to yield the right-of-way.
- Weather Variability: We are no strangers to quickly changing weather here in Florida. With sudden rain showers and thunderstorms, slippery roads can pose a significant risk to motorcyclists.
Navigating Motorcycle Insurance
Navigating motorcycle accident insurance after a crash can be complicated. Depending on the circumstances, different coverages apply, and you’ll be eligible to fight for different compensation amounts. You want to make sure you are covered but you can’t control what type of coverage someone else has. An attorney can help you get the compensation you need regardless of the coverage of the person at fault.
Fighting for Damages
The attorneys at Kagan Law are experts in navigating motorcycle accident insurance claims in a court of law. If you are struggling to get compensation, we can help. Contact us or call (239) 466-1161 for a free consultation.