How We Can Help
Understanding your legal rights
The emotional and financial impact of an injury can be devastating for you and your family. With a background in medicine and law, Liz Kagan and our legal team can help you navigate the complexities of personal injury law with both compassion and experience. Throughout the process, we will communicate with you on the status of your case and continue to advise you of your legal rights, next steps and options for resolution.
Do I have a case?
Each case is unique. To begin, our attorneys consult with you to discuss your case. If your injury is the result of some form of negligence, you may eligible to seek compensation for damages, lost wages and medical expenses.
What are my next steps?
- Once you hire Kagan Law Firm, our attorneys will submit a Letter of Representation on your behalf to the parties involved in your case. This legally allows us to begin gathering the information we need to represent you.
- Our attorneys will gather all of the necessary information to support your case and establish the amount of damages caused. This information may include medical records, medical expenses, property damage estimates and lost wage estimates.
- Once all of the information is received and we arrive at an estimate of damages, we will prepare a demand on your behalf and work to negotiate a settlement with the involved parties.
- If all parties agree to a settlement, then the case is closed and you will receive payment.
- If your claim does not settle, then you may choose to pursue litigation and we will move your case to the trial phase. This involves filing a lawsuit in county court.
- In the Discovery phase, the parties involved share their case testimony. This may include case participants, witnesses, family members and physicians involved in the case.
- Further attempts to settle the case may be pursued. If a settlement is not reached, your case goes to trial.
- If either party is unhappy with the verdict, there may be legal justification to bring the case before an appeals court. Otherwise, the case is closed.
We are dedicated to representing our clientele. Our legal team is driven by a commitment to provide the most exceptional service possible. A structured approach helps our clients attain their unique business objectives in a pain free manner.
To learn more about business law or other areas of law we practice, please contact us at (239) 466-1161.