Admitted to the Florida State Bar, April 18, 2014
Member of the Lee County Bar Association
Ave Maria School of Law: Naples, Florida 2010- 2013
Juris Doctor (J.D.) May 2013
Florida State University: Tallahassee, Florida August 2006
Bachelor of Arts Degree in History
Graduated from Fort Myers Senior High School in 2001
Kagan Law Firm: Associate Attorney 05/2015- present
- Litigation: Personal Injury, Products Liability, Criminal proceedings, Probate Administration, Contracts and Indebtedness, Dissolution of Marriage, etc.
- Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning, Merger and Acquisition Contracts
Stephen Kagan, Attorney at Law PLLC: Managing Partner 04/2014 – 05/2015
- Litigation including: Contracts and Indebtedness cases, Dissolution of Marriage, Foreclosure proceedings, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy proceedings, Probate Administration, Small Claims
- Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning, Criminal Law, Property and Contract Law, Business and Corporate Law
George Mantzidis, Attorney at Law, PLLC: Legal Intern 08/2013 – 01/2014
- Handling cases involving Wills, Trusts and Estates, estate administration, as well as some off-shore Asset Protection Trust cases, involving complex corporate, and international legal issues.
- Drafting litigation discovery documents for foreclosure cases, reviewing and organizing litigation documents for breach of contract suits, assisting in drafting multiple Wills, Trust and Estate documents, including Petitions for Estate Administration and codicils.
- Drafting Merger Agreements, Articles of Incorporation and Agreement for newly created Corporations and LLCs, and filing newly created business entities with the Secretary of State as well as recording documents with the Collier County Clerk of Courts.
State Attorney’s Office for the Twentieth Judicial Circuit: Legal Intern 09/2012 – 04/19/13
- As an intern for the State Attorney’s Office, I was responsible for drafting precautionary motions using controlling case law and relevant facts for upcoming trials and hearings.
- Utilizing legal research websites like westlaw.com, I was requested to find controlling case law for certain ambiguous factual scenarios regarding ongoing cases.
O’Halloran Family Law: Legal Intern 06/2012 – 09/2012
- Applying relevant facts and case law, I was asked on a number of occasions to draft petitions to the court (which were reviewed by Ryan O’Halloran) for actions to be taken regarding pending cases.
- Attending client consultations and recording pertinent information to be used in legal research was a vital component of this legal internship, as each case was unique.
Ralf Brookes Attorney: Legal Intern 05/2012 – 01/2013
- Interning with Mr. Brookes, I was responsible for researching different areas of environmental law concerning issues which affect our co-existence with the environment.
- An understanding of federal, state and local law and how they interact was required to compile memos and research for Mr. Brookes on existing issues concerning the environment.
Law Firm of Scott T. Moorey: Legal Intern: 05/2011 – 09/2011
- As an intern, I was delegated by Mr. Moorey to commence research for pending criminal legal matters by utilizing legal research websites such as lexisnexis.com and westlaw.com.
- A high degree of professionalism was required to console clients during client conferences and in some instances, during heated depositions involving victims or injured parties.
Playing and coaching in several hockey leagues in the area, fishing the flats and back bays of southwest Florida, hunting, playing golf, attending sporting events and being an active member of the local community.